Important Appeal for Solidarity!
This Friday (June 28th) Hilo peace vigil is extra important. The focus with be in support of Whistleblower Ed Snowden exposing the vast U.S. Surveillance state. We will have signs that say “Stand with Whistleblower Edward Snowden.” and we’ll have Ed Snowden masks. We’ll also have an NSA spy costume with extended microphone for some sidewalk surveillance drama. NSA spy volunteer actors welcome. Please pass the word and make an extra effort to join this week’s vigil.
Stand up to support Snowden, to dismantle the surveillance/warfare state, and say No to war on Syria. Mahalo.
The U.S. Government, and its media mouthpieces, do not want to focus on the content of CIA and NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden’s exposures because they reveal a secret, massive, systematic, industrial-scale surveillance state. Ask who is the real danger, Snowden for exposing it, or the U.S. Military/Industrial Complex for creating it? Snowden believed what he saw violated basic human rights and privacy and therefore in the public interest, he disclosed the information and performed an invaluable public service at great personal risk. He deserves our gratitude as do Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, and Marine Bradley Manning for disclosing U.S. war crimes.
There is a special irony over the Obama Administration lecturing other countries about “the rule of law” in its zeal for Snowden’s extradition to the U.S. This is the same administration which:
- has failed to prosecute a single major bankster responsible for unprecedented financial crimes;
- has failed to prosecute a single figure in the Bush administration for what international law calls the “supreme war crime” – waging a war of aggression on Iraq;
- has failed to prosecute any torturers;
- has failed to prosecute anyone for illegal wiretapping Americans;
- has failed to shut down the shameful U.S. prison at Guantanamo or release prisoners even after they have been exonerated.
The secret, massive surveillance state disclosed by Snowden is in itself, a disgrace to the rule of law.
The one thing the Obama administration has continued to prosecute are illegal wars of aggression and occupation. Syria and Iran are next on the chopping block. Obama has increased the use of Reaper and Predator drones that have killed a countless number of children and other innocent people, violated other countries sovereignty, and has increased hatred toward the U.S. around the world.
End the Wars! Dismantle the Surveillance
1. Mourn all victims of violence. 2. Reject war as a solution. 3. Defend civil liberties. 4. Oppose all discrimination, anti-Islamic, anti-Semitic, anti-Hawaiian, etc.
5. Seek peace through justice in Hawai`i and around the world.
Malu `Aina Center for Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box AB Kurtistown, Hawai`i 96760.
Phone (808) 966-7622. Email email@example.com http://www.malu-aina.org
Hilo Peace Vigil leaflet (June 28, 2013– 614th week) – Friday 3:30-5PM downtown Post Office