Peace meeting Monday, Aug. 22nd
Peace organizing meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month.
Reminder: There will be a peace organizing meeting on Monday evening, Aug. 22nd from 7-9PM at the Keaau Community Center behind the Keaau Family Clinic.
Among items for discussion:
1. upcoming forum on the Gaza flotilla with speakers Col. Ann Wright and Dr. Carol Murry
2. upcoming 10th anniversary of 9/11 and 10 years of war — our 520th week of Hilo peace vigils.
3. Fukushima, Mauna Kea contested case, NRC update actions over Depleted Uranium at Pohakuloa, etc.
4. State of the economy and budget cut effects on the wars, military expansion plans, etc.
5. Plans for major protests in Washington, DC Oct. 6th and beyond over the wars and the economy. Solidarity actions here?
Come bring new ideas for education and action.