Stop TPP Fast-Track
It’s time to take a stand against Fast Track of the so called Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement. A bill to give the president Fast Track authority, designed to push through the TPP with little public debate, is about to be introduced in the Senate.
This is big! We need to put the emergency brake on Fast Tracking of TPP. TPP will increase the gap between rich and poor, and result in further militarization in the Pacific. All to benefit corporate profits and the super rich 1%. Stopping Fast Track is the single most important contribution people can make to ending corporate trade agreements that threaten to:
- Destroy livelihoods and accelerate the global race to the bottom in wages and working conditions
- Further commodify agriculture, trample food sovereignty, hurt small farmers and contribute to forced migration
- Enable new corporate attacks on democratically-enacted environmental and consumer protections
- Undermine global economic stability by prohibiting effective regulation of financial markets
- Reduce access to life-saving generic medications, increase the cost of prescriptions and restrict freedom on the Internet
Countries involved: U.S. Japan, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam.
For more information see StopFastTrack.com.
Sign the petition to the U.S. Senate against Fast Track
All Hawai’i & the Pacific Stand Together!
- Mourn all victims of violence. 2. Reject war as a solution. 3. Defend civil liberties.
4. Oppose all discrimination, anti-Islamic, anti-Semitic, anti-Hawaiian, etc.
5. Seek peace through justice in Hawai`i and around the world. Contact:
Malu `Aina Center for Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Kurtistown, Hawai`i 96760.
Phone (808) 966-7622. Email:email@example.com http://www.malu-aina.org
Hilo Peace Vigil leaflet (April 17, 2015 – 708th week) – Friday 3:30-5PM downtown Post Office