Campaign to Protect Pohakuloa!
Strategy meeting to Shut Down the Military Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA).
I trust you got the message about PTA strategy meeting Monday, Sept. 19th 6-9PM Keaau Community Center. Please come and pass the word to others. Mahalo.
Some things to think about:
1. county action –follow up to Res 639-08
2. State action? Dept of Health?
3. Fed action? Comprehensive archeological survey, EIS on cumulative impacts
4. legal review of Kaho’olawe court cases to see what applies
5. Cultural access to sites at PTA — ahu, etc. Makahiki season coming up.
6. Upcoming 9/30 meeting at PTA on programmatic agreement
7. ongoing lawsuit by Ku Ching and Maxine Kahaulelio at PTA
8. Military Impacts to water well and aquifers
9. Independent radiological survey.
10. Tour and briefing at PTA like Chamber of Commerce got.
11. Contact Curtis Tyler and others on Pohakuloa Advisory Council
12. Non-violent direct action focus — convoys, etc.
13. National legal suit on all areas where DU training has occurred (At least 15 other states)
14. Organization allies
15. Concerts, etc. to educate and mobilize
other ideas welcome
Jim Albertini Malu ‘Aina Center For Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Ola’a (Kurtistown) Hawai’i 96760 Phone 808-966-7622 Email email@example.com www.malu-aina.org