End U.S. Assassination Policy
Stop Killer Drones and Special Ops!
Secret documents recently provided by a whistleblower detail the inner workings of the U.S. military’s assassination program in Afghanistan, Yemen, and Somalia. The documents offer an unprecedented glimpse into U.S. /Wall St. drone wars. See -http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article43133.htm Also see http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/09/reaper-madness-obamas-whack-a-mole-killing-machine/
Military drone training takes place on Oahu and the Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) on Hawaii Island.
This year alone, U.S. Special Operations forces have been deployed to a record-shattering 147 countries—75% of the nations on the planet. See http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/33243-why-are-us-special-forces-operations-expanding-across-the-globe
Author and historian, William Blum, documents that since the end of World War 2, the United States
- Attempted to overthrow more than 50 foreign governments, most of which were democratically-elected.
- Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries.
- Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders.
- Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 countries.
- Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30 countries.
- Plus … although not easily quantified … more involved in the practice of torture than any other country in the world … for over a century … not just performing the actual torture, but teaching it, providing the manuals, and furnishing the equipment.
- For more details see https://www.popularresistance.org/the-anti-empire-report-140/ Also see www.williamblum.org
Stop the Killing!
Help Build a World of Justice and Peace for All!
- Mourn all victims of violence. 2. Reject war as a solution. 3. Defend civil liberties.
4. Oppose all discrimination, anti-Islamic, anti-Semitic, anti-Hawaiian, etc.
5. Seek peace through justice in Hawai`i and around the world.
Sign up on our website to receive our posts http://www.malu-aina.org/
Hilo Peace Vigil leaflet (Nov. 13, 2015 – 738th week) – Friday 3:30-5PM downtown Post Office